[Gllug] Problems with up2date and rpm

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 15:00:22 UTC 2003

Dear GLLUGers,

I'm having a bit of a problem...  Probably a lock file that
I can't track down.  This is Red Hat 8.0.

When I run up2date as root, the program hangs.  Ctrl-C
doesn't stop it.  I have to kill it manually.  I also tried

	rpm -q ethereal

and this also hangs, executing these

    select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {1, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)
    select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {1, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)

However, when I run rpm as a user, there's no problem.  I'm
assuming the problems are related.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk