[Gllug] Market for low-cost Linux servers/networks?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Sep 10 10:13:59 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:34:27AM +0100, will wrote:
> Or use a few decent servers and run UML instances on them.  The clients
> get low powered servers and you get reliability and economy
> (power/space).  There seem to be a few people using UML for hosting now.

I've wondered about this ... Is UML actually secure? Last time I
looked, it mapped the (guest) kernel into user space, and it looked as
if you could just write there, if you could work out the address. I'm
not sure if they protected the kernel in some way ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.