[Gllug] COT: Resigning from my job

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 15:49:02 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 16 Sep 2003 12:31 pm, Chris Bell wrote:

//snip//

>    Regardless of the legal requirements, many companies go paranoid about
> security, even barring further access, when employees decide they would
> like to leave under less than perfect circumstances.

I've had that happen twice - once when I resigned of my own volition, and once
when I was "made redundant" by a company that folded soon afterwards.  The
paranoia displayed is actually very funny.  One of the companies spent
several thousand pounds with "computer security experts" to change all the
account passwords!

One word of warning, though - if you've signed the "Official Secrets Act"
beware - life can be made very difficult for you.  An old friend suffered a
couple of years of persecution for deciding that he no longer wanted to work
on weaponry!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk