[Gllug] Mozilla fails on ASP sites

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Mon Sep 15 09:51:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

> And verily, didst Hong Chyr announce to the hordes:
> > Is there an ASP plug-in I can get for Mozilla?
>
> Shouldn't make a difference.
> ASP and any other server side should work fine in ANY browser,  unless the
> page was designed by a complete moron with only IE in mind.

Ah well, there's yer problem :-)

It is very easy to code ASP in a way that breaks heinously if certain
variables are undef. Those variable (which I don't recall off hand) only
get set if the browser is IE.

Sloppy programming and incomplete testing results in a site that just
won't work unless the browser is IE.

Simon.

--
"Never put a sock in a toaster."