[Gllug] Bah!

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Sep 17 15:29:27 UTC 2003

Richard Jones writes:

>Are we allowed to ask why you have a 4 processor ~2 GHz machine
>on your desktop ...:-?

You're allowed to ask... :-) Basically my previous desktop machine died,
so I put in an order for a new one. Since prices are so cheap, I went
for a reasonably high spec one. 1600 quid buys you a lot of machine
these days.

Actually, it's not a quad processor machine, it's 2 hyperthread CPUs.
The speed comes from the fact that there was a 7 day lead time on
the machine I originally ordered (2.4GHz), but they had a faster one
(2.8GHz) in stock from a cancelled order by another customer, and
since I needed it urgently, that's what I ended up with.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk