[Gllug] Opteron article

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sun Sep 7 23:35:13 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 03:07:14PM +0200, John Hearns wrote:
> On the subject of Opterons, I just found what looks like a good overview
> of the chipsets and architecture - from last December so be aware.
> http://www.digit-life.com/hardware.html
>
> (I'm working on getting lm_Sensors for the latest kernel for these
> beasts).

The boards in my machines are the Tyan S2880 Thunder k8s, very nice,
(dual gigabit, ide, serial ata, and scsi)

The bios on these support acpi and power managment, but i have found that
the kernel says 'APM is not SMP safe!' and disables it, i know for a fact that
2.4.22 has acpi problems on later opterons, but surely? APM for SMP machines
under linux? any ideas?

Ian

> --

----- Message of the Hour ------