[Gllug] re: telephone-switchboard music-on-hold

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 18:43:22 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 07:19:53PM +0100, Gordon Joly wrote:
> At 12:40 +0100 2003/09/22, Alain Williams wrote:
> >On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:36:46PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> >
> >> I am wondering what sources of 'music' might be available on CD which would
> >> not require us to pay out these licence fees  - even recorded bird-song might
> >> be preferable.  Alternatively, if I were to twist our local Church organists
> >> arm to record a few choice pieces onto a recordable CD, would this get around
> >> the licensing requirements ??
> >
> >I believe that Bach is now out of copyright.
>

> Music: yes
>
> Recordings: no.

Yes, but he was going to ask his local church organist to do some recordings for him.

> P.S. Is "Happy Birthday" still in copyright?
AFAIK!

BTW: I was most impressed when I phoned Oftel on Friday, they put me in a queue
with a periodic announcement as to how many calls were in the queue before me.

( I told Vodaphone that I was talking to Oftel, they made an offer of a refund very
quickly after that ).

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk