[Gllug] Recruiter has added me to a spam list

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Sep 18 11:19:38 UTC 2003

A recruiter has added me to a spam list.  I know this because I
registered a unique email address with the company and that address
just got a spam from another company pushing training.

What are my rights under the Data Protection Act?  Here is their
registration:

http://www.dpr.gov.uk/cgi-bin/dpr98-fetch.pl?source=DPR&docid=116410

Yes, it's Computer Futures.  I've already had a run-in with this
company.  I strongly recommend you steer well clear of these dodgy
fucks.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
 then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and
 fuck his dog and smash his computer into little bits. Anything
 more is just extremism." - Paul Tomblin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk