[Gllug] Backup MX record

Kristian Davies kristian at ELIXIR-STUDIOS.CO.UK
Tue Apr 20 12:56:07 UTC 2004

On Tue 20 Apr Kristian Davies wrote:
> Would there be any advantage from changing it to this:-
>
> 10 primary mx
> 50 relay1
> 50 relay2
> 99 primary mx

|Yep.  I did this when I moved to spamassassin-at-smtp-time, so i reject
|spam outright.  obviously rejecting spam from the secondary is not much
|use, because then i just generate an assload of wrong bounces.

|with the above sort of config, it reduced the amount of spam i rejected
|through my secondary considerably.

|doug.

Having had a bit more of a think, i think that it would only make a
difference if i used rbls at MTA(postfix) level since the relays belong to
my ISP.

I now only use rbls as part of the SA scoring as it became apparent that
most of the rbl services are quite brutal.

-Kristian

The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk