[Gllug] What's the point of content-less Spam?

Dan Fairs daniel.fairs at spiderplant.net
Mon Apr 26 16:12:05 UTC 2004

> What's the point of Spam which goes so far to overcome your Spam filters
> that it has no message content?

The first thing to spring to my mind is that the spammer can cause you
to seed your spam filters with innocent words. These innocent words
would get assigned higher spam probabilities. I can't see how this would
cause more spam to slip past the filter, but I can see how this could
increase the number of false-positives and therefore reduce the amount
of trust in spam filtering.

Cheers,
Dan

--