[Gllug] please help a total newbie... Desktop error.

daniel.booth daniel.booth at linguaphone.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 15:51:45 UTC 2004

please help a total newbie...

it seems i have lost my desktop and everytime the machine starts i get
this error:

Application "nautilus" (process 3811) has crashed
due to a fatal error.
(Aborted)

(sometimes the process number is different but i believe that does not
make a difference)

the wallpaper and all shortcuts have gone... i am left looking at a
blank emptiness... a blue blank emptines where my once gloriuos desktop
reside..

i have tried  apt-get install --reinstall nautilus  = no joy
i have tried running it manually   = no joy
i have tried adjusting the settings on the graphics card = no joy ( i
did this as i had just replaced it with a new one when this occured)
tried moving the .nautilus file and the directory and this didnt seem to
make any difference..

not much else i can think of....

please advise.....

many thanks