[Gllug] Hylafax problem

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Apr 19 12:59:13 UTC 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 13:28, Charles Holtzkampf wrote:
> Hi
>
> Need some assitance please.
>
> I've just installed Hylafax 4.1.8.
> I want to access the hylafax server from a windows box using a hylafax
> client. The problem I have is that I get denied access.
> I've added my user to the /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd file as
> following:
>
> Charlesho:203:password
> Tried telnet localhost 4559
> User charlesho
> Access denied

You don't mention if hylafax announces itself when you telnet to that port.
Mine does (v 4.1.3) so I'm guessing yours will too.

Asuuming it does, try starting with your hosts.hfaxd having just the two
lines:
localhost
127.0.0.1
You should now be able to login as anyone from localhost. Does that work?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk