[Gllug] TV listings in the UK - sources?

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Sun Apr 11 23:08:02 UTC 2004

Richard Jones wrote:
> I want to write a small program to remind me when TV programs are
> coming on.  For this I'll obviously need a source for TV listings
> data.  Does anyone know if there's any free source for TV listings
> data in the UK, or in general how the system works?
>
> Rich.

Check out xmltv:

http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/

I just did a MythTV installation which uses XMLTV and I'm very impressed.

I'd also be happy to email/post a bash script that I wrote that pulls
the listings from The Guardian website and formats and installs them on
a Palm PDA. It's fairly easy to do.

Branden

--
|Branden Faulls                         |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk