[Gllug] set serial port irq

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 17:12:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:35:11PM +0100, Jack Richards wrote:
> Looks like you have hardware flow control turned on DSR is a problem if its
> expecting it and not getting it.
>
> This looks like a cable issue, does your cable have DSR, CTS DTR RTS ( tx, rx
> and gnd ) all connected ?

Hi Jack,

How can I tell this when both ends of the cable are moulded?
The numbers at the end are the same on both ends, but that doesn't
mean to say the wires connected to them are not crossing in the
cable or in the terminating head (unless this is something
manufacturers adhere to?).

I believe all pins except 1 and 9 have metal contacts. Again, it's
hard to say 100% but 1 + 9 have no contact that I can _see_.

> Have you tried the "paper clip loopback" method of testing each serial port ?

Never heard of it before. I googled and now I see what you mean.
I'll give that a crack tomorrow to rule it out. Thanks for the
idea.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk