[Gllug] Register article: "Open source UK" gets trade body

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 16:25:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 04:50:08PM +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

Thanks Jason, you have covered what the AFFS does and is about very well.

> AFFS is a member organisation - costs a tenner a year to join - and is run
> by the members.
>
> The activities are limited only by the resources that members are willing
> to dedicate - in terms of time, etc.

This is something that AFFS needs more help with, we need more members , If
people are interested in issues surrounding Free Software in the UK I urge
you to join up and help us. One thing we could really do with would be more
manpower would really help us to do more with our workgroups and campaigns.

One other thing that Jason didn't mention that someone else touched is that
we are also associated with the FSF Europe. http://www.fsfeurope.org/

Thanks
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li