[Gllug] [ OT ] Raritan Z-series Z4200U KVM switch

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Apr 14 08:06:35 UTC 2004

Ian Scott writes:

>I happen to know that plugging in a PS2 mouse to a keyboard socket
>fools at least my PC into booting up. (and it took ages on the phone to
>my wife when "the computer wouldn't work" to sort that one out!)
>
>Mice are smaller than keyboards ....

...and configuring the BIOS to boot without a keyboard is smaller than
either!

Of course, getting a real computer[1] instead would solve the problem.

Tet

[1] One that doesn't need a keyboard or mouse. Ideally one that doesn't
    even have sockets for them (or video output, while we're at it). For
    all my years in IT, it has never ceased to amaze me how backwards PC
    class machines are...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk