[Gllug] Wireless access point/ADSL Modem/Router

Amias Channer gllug at amias.org.uk
Sun Apr 25 19:39:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:50:09 +0100
will <will at hellacool.co.uk> wrote:

> I am looking  elsewhere to get an ADSL modem/router that has 4 ethernet
> ports and also acts as a wireless access point with 128bit WEP.

I use a Netgear DG834G which has :
	 4 100 Mbit ethernet ports ,
	54 mbit wireless with 128 WEP and the new WPA-PSK ,
	 ADSL modem that will go up to 8mbit and does PPPoA and PPPoE.
	IPtables which is accessable via the secret shell mode.
	VPN , UPNP and a comfortable web interface.

The extra bonus is that it runs on a linux kernel and there are mods arriving soon.
It has worked perfectly for me and was 135 quid well spent .
Easy to use and good technology .

Toodle-pip
Amias
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk