[Gllug] Interesting article on the MS monopoly

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Apr 30 07:10:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Tethys mused:
> As with so many things you've written, well said. XML has its uses[1].
>                                   Were you not so hung up on emacs,

My memory does not operate wrt vi's keybindings, at all. The most
complex vi binding I can remember is `^'.

> [1] The number of uses could be greatly increased if it could just do
>     comments properly. The concept of invalid characters within a comment
>     is brain dead beyond belief.

Like in er, C?

/* Try using a visible slash star in here. */

/* Plus there are other hidden *tricks*??/
/ Is this in the comment? /* No, it wasn't. */

--
`If you believe in strong AI, then death is no longer a mystery,
 but merely a lack of adequate backups.' --- Steven McDougall
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk