[Gllug] opinion on the lpi exams

A J Chapman anth at sdf-eu.org
Thu Apr 15 20:26:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 14:23, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:17:59PM +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> > I wonder if they're going to have a couple of LPI102 papers - it'd be
> > nice to get the whole certification for ?30.
>From the promotions page on the LPI website "Normally only exams 101 and
201 are offered at these events."

> You therefore have to sit the 102 or 202 at full-whack to get the
> complete cert. This is a good way of getting people into lpi at
> little cost to the candidate so I can't complain.
Yeah, as this thread is demonstrating its cheap enough that people with
a bit of experience will think it worth sitting the exam just to find
out how hard it is.

Does anyone know if you can sit the 201 exam without having done the
102? Obviously there wouldn't be a certificate for it. The website says
"Pre-Requisites: Completion of LPIC Level 1", so probably not.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk