[Gllug] Server cases

Ashley Evans ashley at seamlessrecruitment.com
Fri Apr 9 12:06:09 UTC 2004

>The main box is about 22 inches wide, 25 inches high, 30 inches deep, and
>SGI suggest a clear space around the case. Each RAID vault is about the size
>of a medium size PC "tower" case. I collected it from a flat in the Vauxhall
>area after the previous occupant had left for India. There were supposed to
>have been various other accessories and cables, but the new occupant had not
>sorted through the boxes of bits remaining, and I have not heard that any
>have been found yet. We managed to get it down a narrow staircase from the
>flat on about the 4th floor, but it was a struugle.
>   The main case is in a carrying bag designed for delivering sand or
>ballast, so there are four handles for 4 strong people to help me unload it
>from my car. I can even get the RAID cases and monitor in, but it is then
>about the limit for my Volvo 240 estate.
>   I am in the North Acton / Park Royal area, by the A40

I think that will fit in my car. When I moved to university I took my
entire life with me, an SGI shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

You say that the 'extra' cables were never found/sorted. I'm happy as
long as the machine runs and has a least one network port.

Do you have a model number / spec?

>>I'll still be looking for a big case to house my dual xeons btw. I'm also
>>interested in any other non-x86 style hardware people have got.
>>
>>Ashley
>>

>C & J Computers Ltd
>020 8838 2568, F020 8963 1367
>C & J Computers Ltd
>Unit 9, Commercial Way,
>Abbey Road Industrial Park,
>Park Royal,
>London,
>NW10 7XF
>sales at cjcomputers.co.uk, www.cjcomputers.co.uk
>Computer cases, psu, fans, etc
>
>Acme Technology
>020 8963 3300, F020 8963 3307
>Acme Technology
>1 Willenfield Road,
>Park Royal,
>London,
>NW10 7BQ
>www.acme-technology.co.uk www.acmetech.co.uk
>sales at acme-technology.co.uk sales at acmetech.co.uk
>Computer cases including best quality rack mount

Thanks I'll check those out.

Ashley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk