[Gllug] USB Keyboards (was Re: White noise generator)

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Apr 7 06:20:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 23:17, NorthLondon John wrote:

> I'm looking at getting a usb midi keyboard - to plug into my OS X mac
> mainly, but I want all my hardware to be linux compatible.
> I haven't found much documentation - perhaps because this sort of thing
> is handled by an app rather than being compiled into the kernel.
> (I admit I know nothing about making music on computers).
I bought an Evolution E-keys keyboard in one of the shops on
Charing Cross Road. You know the ones - full of electronic goodies.

This is a small, cheap USB keyboard - just for fun really. Cost around
30 pounds.

Using ALSA on a Fedora system, it is recognised. In the Gmorgan
softsynth,
I can even see the key press events. I got Timidity working last night,
but still get no noises.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk