[Gllug] Server cases

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 21:32:22 UTC 2004

On Thu 08 Apr, Ashley Evans wrote:

> Evening all,
>
> I'm looking for advice on buying the biggest, baddest hardcore server case I
> can find.
>
> I'm talking dual-redundant power supplies. Thermal control/read-outs. Maybe
> even wheels. LOTS of fan noise. Think IBM s/390.
>
> Limitations:
> 	Sub:	 	300gbp
> 	Must:	Fit through my front door
>
> Preferably London based as I'd rather pick it up in the car than pay the
> postage... It's gonna be big :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Ashley

   I have a second hand SGI Challenge box at home with 3 drives in the main
box and 4 x 8 drive raid boxes, all HV differential 2.2GB, plus SGI monitor
and SGI software pack. I have not even had time to power it up. I was told
that it was once a home pages server for an ISP, now redundant. Let me know
if you would like it.

--
Chris Bell (West London).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk