[Gllug] Hylafax problem

Charles Holtzkampf Charles.H at sdccom.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 12:28:28 UTC 2004

Hi

Need some assitance please.

I've just installed Hylafax 4.1.8.
I want to access the hylafax server from a windows box using a hylafax
client. The problem I have is that I get denied access.
I've added my user to the /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd file as
following:

Charlesho:203:password
Tried telnet localhost 4559
User charlesho
Access denied

Charlesho:203:copied encrypted password from /etc/shadow
Tried telnet localhost  4559 again
User charlesho
Access denied
Ran the faxadduser command and it automatically placed an entry for the user
charlesho in hosts.hfaxd
Charlesho:203: encrypted password created by faxadduser
Telnet lcoalhost 4559
Use charlesho
Acess denied

What am I suppose to do , its gonna make me go insane.

Please help, before I  toss the box out onto the tube tracks.
Thanks
Frustrated out of my mind

Charles Holtzkampf

IT Engineer