[Gllug] Problem with loop-mounted ISO files for Jigdo

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 16:20:16 UTC 2004

Hello,
   I am trying to download the 12 current Debian Sarge ISOs using Jigdo, and
trying to re-use previous downloaded versions by loop mounting them. The
ordering of software across the ISO images has been changed, so that current
versions may already have been downloaded but may be included in any of the
old ISOs.
   I followed the instructions for Jigdo which suggest that I can halt the
build at any point using Ctrl-C, starting to compile each new ISO in turn
from some of the loop-mounted originals, followed by Ctrl-C, but have then
hit a problem trying to umount those original ISOs and loop-mount the rest,
getting the error message that the mounted ISO files are still in use and
can not be unmounted.
   Is this because I did use Ctrl-C, or some other reason? Any help or
advice will be welcome, thanks.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk