[Gllug] re: Ben's DNS problem

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 11:19:59 UTC 2004

1) sorry can't 'thread' this reply !

2) It helps people to respond if you include the actual names/ip addresses
   not made-up examples !

3) I am no expert at DNS, but I think the problem may be this:

   even assuming your DNS entry correctly points to the ip address of
   the other server, I believe the resultant HTTP request to that server
   will still contain your original domain name as part of the URL.
   Thus the server will not be able to locate that URL and return the file.

Tim

This E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk