[Gllug] [ OT ] Raritan Z-series Z4200U KVM switch

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Apr 13 11:45:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 12:01, bradut at intelesuri.net wrote:
> On second thoughts, I just saw that you need to spend another 100 for
> the actual module that connects at the back of the machine to be
> controlled...
For domestic/office use Corega make a reasonably priced KVM switch,
complete with cables.

We've supplied Belkin KVMs with clusters.

> All in all I'll stick a keyboard in each machine and use ssh... it's
> cheaper.
Can you not set the BIOS to boot without keyboards?

A neater solution may be to use serial consoles, and a multi-port
serial card in an old PC, or a serial terminal server.
Cyclades might have a stand at Linux Expo.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk