[Gllug] natwest fantasticness

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Apr 7 13:14:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 02:06:58PM +0100, Holger wrote:
>     Bruce> Really?  How often does anybody check your signature?  One
>     Bruce> time in 50 if you're lucky.
>
> Well the signature at the back of my main card has worn off over the
> months and is now basically invisible.  I would say that in about 20%
> of all transactions (more than half if you don't count Sainsbury's)
> the cashier asks for another card with my name that *does* have a
> signature.

I once had a cheque guarantee card that got wet, so that the signature
strip began to loosen and you could see the "void" characters behind it.
I peeled the strip off completey and then stuck it back on with liquid
paper.  Nobody complained, even when the strip began to peel off again
and you could clearly see the superglue.  Some shop staff would hold the
peeling strip down with one finger while they processed the purchase.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock