[Gllug] Internet Exploiter caching bug

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 11:20:15 UTC 2004

Amias Channer wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 23:10:14 +0100
>Simon Perry <gllug at si-designs.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>simply use a single backround image and change the position on rollover,
>> voilla no caching problems.
>>

>But you do get a some strange boxes drawn around the area to the right of the image
>in question when clickining on it in Galeon.
>
>Toodle-pip
>Amias

I am not with you here, are you saying that there are other display
issues with Richard's site [0] or with Pixy's [1] in Galeon?

If it is the latter's example then the "strange boxes" are the normal
visual guides applied to a element on focus (as an aid to
accessibility[2]) in most browsers. The link has been set to
display:block and given a width of 150px, nearly double the width of the
example image, changing that width to 75px means the focus only contains
the link and image not the extra white space. Either way the example is
a minimal test case not a working implementation.

Simon

[0] http://j-london.com/topic/
[1] http://www.pixy.cz/blogg/clanky/cssnopreloadrollovers/
[2]