[Gllug] Wheel Group

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Fri Apr 2 12:38:28 UTC 2004

Alain Williams wrote:
> Well, that was the early 80's, when (by & large) computer users were responsible people
> and certainly would not do anything to damage any one else's files/...

Ah yes everything was so much better in the old days.

Kids respected their elders, too.

Despite the two-way-uphill, snow-laden daily trip to school with no shoes.

Nostalgia sucks unless it includes computer hardware. And even then it's
usually crap.

 > But having said that, RMS's attitude was naive, even for those days,
 > and is certainly untenable now.

Hindsight always points to naivety. That doesn't make it wrong.

My own opinion on the su/wheel issue is just to not give them the
password. Saves a whole load of hassle.

Matthew

--
o? K++ w--- O-- M V? PS+>+++ PE-- Y+>++ PGP++@ t+ 5- X- R tv b+++>++++