[Gllug] Lotus notes/domino 5.0.5 update to 5.0.12

Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz gj at pointblue.com.pl
Fri Apr 30 14:04:50 UTC 2004

Hello glLug( GL_START_EMAIL );

Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Recently I moved out nice shiny Lotus Notes server from old slagish
> 2.2 based SCO linux to Debian, with 2.6 kernel.
> This server is quite cruical/critical, so any updates are really
> planned, and can be done only on bank holidays.
> Anyways, to the point. I found out that it is version 5.0.5, with few
> major security problems. Hours of googling, and I could found only
> incremental upgrades from version 5.0.7 onwards.
> Anyone know where I can find upgrade from version 5.0.5 ??
>

> Since moving it to 2.6/debian, I got once a day error like that:
>
> ----
> Fatal Error signal = 0x0000000b PID/TID = 416/4101
> Freezing all server threads ...
> ----

Update, first of all, it turned up that it happends only on 2.6, for
some reason (now tested on 2.6.6-rc3, still the same). I really have no
idea what kernel has to do with that, guess it is crappy java that
causes problems.
One of IBM folks also told me to do following, and sent them resoult
(had no time to do this yet):

"...This is the standard message you get when the server encounters a
very bad
failure - such as SIGBUS or SIGSEGV. What you need to do is run the command
/opt/lotus/bin/nsd > nsd.log 2>&1 ; edit the file and go to the stack for
"fatal_error" or "anic" and then look at the stack. You can submit the
stack .. to see what the failure is...."

Reason why I am answering my own problem here, is to make it up to date,
in case someone else will have simmilar issue. It happend many times
that someone was askning me about progress on issue I submited to lists
year before or so.

I am also quite supprised there are no ppl here using , or having
problems with Lotus Domino server.

--
GJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk