[Gllug] set serial port irq

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 13:54:13 UTC 2004

Hi

I've got a serial port I want to connect to
another box over a null modem cable.

I connected the cable to both and rebooted the
"other" box, and it's picked up the use of the
serial port and allocated an irq under /proc/interrupts.

On the main box there's nothing for the serial port
under /proc/interrupts as the cable wasn't plugged
in at last reboot.

Before I reboot the main box (which I'd rather not do),
does anyone know if I can set this another way?

The driver has already set itself to IRQ 4:

$ setserial
/dev/ttyS0, Line 0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
        Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
        closing_wait: 3000
        Flags: spd_normal skip_test

I believe I can't now check what the bios gave it, but
that I can hope setserial is correct!

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk