[Gllug] Wireless access point/ADSL Modem/Router

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 11:50:09 UTC 2004

Well, after my woeful experience with rlsupplies[0] I am looking
elsewhere to get an ADSL modem/router that has 4 ethernet ports and also
acts as a wireless access point with 128bit WEP.  I have seen this
solwise one:

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adslspec.htm#SAR840G

Has anyone had any experience with it?  What would people recommend?

Will.

[0] I phoned up and asked them if a certain product would dial my ADSL
connection, the salesman said yes[1] so I bought one.  I got it a few
days later to discover that it doesn't.  I called up and they offered me
either a discount off an ADSL modem to do the dialing, which was a lousy
deal, or said I could return it although I would lose the postage both
ways if I did.

After a couple of hours on the phone they have eventually aggreed to get
a courier to pick it up, but it took way too long.

[1] Although the salesman denies all knowledge of me asking this question...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk