[Gllug] What's the point of content-less Spam?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 21:00:23 UTC 2004

On Mon 26 Apr, John Winters wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 17:06, David Goodwin wrote:
> > > What's the point of Spam which goes so far to overcome your Spam filters
> > > that it has no message content?
> >
> > Are you sure it doesn't have a picture attached, which is the "message" ?
> >
> > (I'll assume your viewing it in e.g. mutt, or have image loading turned off)
>
> Ah, that's a thought.  I never view e-mails with image loading turned
> on.
>
> John

   I have also received some relatively blank emails. My system does not run
anything, but it does allow me to view everything in an editor, so I can see
all strange font commands, web page references, 7-bit coded worms, and the
full header. Anything that gets past junk filtering is immediately forwarded
complete to the sender's ISP.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk