[Gllug] Supermarket giant promotes Linux

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Apr 9 19:59:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Christopher Hunter uttered the following:
> On Thursday 01 Apr 2004 5:58 pm, Pete Ryland wrote:
>
>> A good report, with more details, is also in the Sydney Morning Herald (a
>> very reputable Australian paper who have a (usually) excellent technology
>> section; however they too got sucked in by Google's April Fools' joke):
>>
>> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/31/1080544548030.html
>
> The Evening Standard ran a from page earlier today (in their first edition, I
> think) which reported the Google "story"!

That's because it isn't an April Fool (although the Google press release
that stated that it had been started at the request of a single user was).

Now Google's six-page work advertising positions on the Moon, *that* was
an April Fool.

--
`If you believe in strong AI, then death is no longer a mystery,
 but merely a lack of adequate backups.' --- Steven McDougall
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk