[Gllug] Problem with loop-mounted ISO files for Jigdo

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 22:11:00 UTC 2004

On Tue 13 Apr, Richard Huxton wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 April 2004 17:20, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I followed the instructions for Jigdo which suggest that I can halt the
> > build at any point using Ctrl-C, starting to compile each new ISO in turn
> > from some of the loop-mounted originals, followed by Ctrl-C, but have then
> > hit a problem trying to umount those original ISOs and loop-mount the rest,
> > getting the error message that the mounted ISO files are still in use and
> > can not be unmounted.
>
> Never heard of this Jigdo, but I'm guessing you have a process with its CWD
> inside a mountpoint. To be sure, you could try:
>   lsof | grep /path/to/mountpoint

   Thanks for the suggestion, although that did not return anything. (?)

   Jigdo (jigsaw downloader) allows you to download a skeleton ISO
containing the directory structure and file lists, then populate the
skeleton with the required files from multiple sources, including previous
ISO images, CDs, and any available caches, mirrors, and sources.
   Old ISO images must be loop mounted, and the default maximum is 8 loop
mounted ISOs, but the new skeletons do not need to be populated in a single
operation so the process can be halted and re-started with another batch of
old ISOs and/or a different set of original source directories.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk