{CONTENT} RE: [Gllug] Network vulnerability assessment

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Wed Aug 18 15:41:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:34:05PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Dan Kolb wrote:
>
> > This is a really wonderful Outlookism - if the Outlook is set to use Rich Text
> > Format to write an email, then it and any attachments are all bundled together
> > in a winmail.dat attachment. Which, of course, means that no-one else can read
> > it unless they're using Outlook.
>      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Or are using tnef:
> http://tnef.sourceforge.net/

Which is jumping through hoops to fix someone else's brokenness. Sorry, you send me
something I can read properly, or it doesn't get read. Or, to be fair, I'll let
them know that I can't read their email, and give them a chance to resend
properly.

Dan - feeling quite tired and slightly grumpy
--
"We don't care.  We don't have to.  We're the Phone Company."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk