[Gllug] very very cheap hosting

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Thu Aug 19 12:18:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 12:48, Christian Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Ian Norton wrote:
>
> > ... but root on the box would be fairly essential as i intend to use it
> >for some university work (for one of my final projects) where i would
> >need to be writing some kernel modules.
>
> You're joking, right? I wouldn't use a co-located box to do kernel module
> development. Not unless you're with walking distance of the facility!

like i said, its not intended to be the main development box, i wouldnt
try anything on it that i feel was likley to take the box down, everyone
has to test development kernel stuff somewhere,

if nobody ever put development code on servers on real connections we
would never have any bug reports and bugfixes would we?

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk