[Gllug] very very cheap hosting

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Aug 22 08:51:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Actually MySQL currently does all these things, which is neat.  Until
> you discover skull-smackingly stupid design flaws like this:
>
> http://sql-info.de/mysql/transaction-innodb-table.html#4_1

That's not a design flaw - it's an luser flaw.

If you want transactional integrity you don't use table types that don't
support it.

As to having to support it, I've been offering people MySQL with hosting
for 5 years and I've never seen any problem that couldn't be fixed with
myisamchk and I've only used that twice in 5 years. Actually, that's not
entirely true - a complete RAID failure leading to a fubar'd filesystem
did leave a mysql database ruined but that's what backups are for.

Jason
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £22.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk