[Gllug] Linux vs Unix

Bavington, Carl Carl.Bavington at ca.com
Wed Aug 25 11:20:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to find some useful comparison info between Linux, (I'm
running RH3AS) and other enterprise class variants (HP-UX, Solaris AIX
etc)

>From what I can gather the threading improvements in the 2.4 kernel
makes significant inroads on the performance of Enterprise databases
e.g. Ingres / Oracle etc

Has anyone seen a good review recently of the 2.4 /2.6 kernel reviews
against the other flavours? I'm wanting to find some Linux raving
reviews by independents, but googles not been to helpful.

Cheers,
Carl
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk