[Gllug] MySQL Bashing - was very very cheap hosting

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sun Aug 22 10:49:05 UTC 2004

Honestly, Ive been using mysql for about 3 years, it is fast, reliable, quick
to install and easy to backup. Once more it is GPL.

I've also found that its a very good tool when introducing people to building
thier first applications from source.

I havent heard of any earth shattering events that were caused by a mysql
failure, I accept that things like postgres or oracle might be 'better' but I
dont see why mysql is so 'bad' that people would avoid it like they avoid
windows hosting.

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk