[Gllug] Why does X ignore my keyboard settings?

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Wed Aug 25 20:19:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 08:14:54PM +0100, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 18:15, John Winters wrote:
>
> > The silly thing is, if I'd been a naive new user I'd probably have found
> > that ages ago.  Trouble was, I *knew* exactly how such things are set,
> > but suddenly I was wrong.
>
> GNOME is unusual among free software projects, in that as the software
> has matured, my dislike for it has grown..... Now they're even talking
> about doing all the development in Jave or C#. God help us.

I dont think that will ever happen :-p

the moment you make languages 'required' or even preferred, you loose
developers, if it does happen, im sure there will be a fork that will retain
some sanity.

gnome has some nice things too it, and it doesnt feel as bloated as kde, What
im waiting for however is E17 :-)

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk