[Gllug] Z questions

FORSTER, David david.forster at mfi.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 09:01:01 UTC 2004

Morning all,

Well, I now have my Zaurus 5500 (Thanks, Michael!). I've tried out OZ 3.2
and now 3.35... just having a couple of little issues maybe some can help
with.

Firstly, I have quite poor internet connectivity, and haven't yet got the
Zaurus connected up through a host PC anyway. I've copied both the stable
and testing feeds from an OZ mirror onto a CF card. This will allow me to
install packages from a local source, but it can't resolve the dependencies.
I tried adding a new source in the package manager using a file:/// URI but
no joy. Anyone know how I can solve this, as at the moment I'm reduced to
reading the 'packages' text file and working out what needs what manually.

Secondly, when installing apps (opie-mediaplayer2 in this case), if I
install to root I quickly run out of space so I'm installing to ram. If I
deselect the 'link to root' option sometimes apps won't run and icons won't
show up etc. I presume this is simply due to symlinks not being created...
However, if I keep the option turned on, the package manager usually gives
me lots of failure warnings when it tries to create the links. Am I missing
something?

Lastly, what ROMs is everyone out there running??

Apologies for the barrage of questions!!

David.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MFI Furniture Group PLC or its
associated companies.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk