[Gllug] [OT] gmail invites

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Aug 31 09:12:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:09:48AM +0100, Simon Jakesch wrote:
> btw: does anybody actually know if we get to keep our accounts when gmail
> goes beta?

Nope, fun isn't it :)

We also don't know if the terms and conditions will change or if they
will charge to use gmail. It's also interesting to note that running
spiders or automated tools on the site is against the terms so if you
try and backup all your mail with a script that could be enough to get
you blocked.

I'm mostly using it for a couple of mailing lists and not very important
personal mails.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk