[Gllug] Reconfiguring X server to work on the diskless client

Michael Jenson mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 15:22:22 UTC 2004

K12LTSP

With a little time I have on my hand I moved to rom-o-matic instead
expensive PXE that did not work :(. Now with the bog standard PCI
eepro100 I booted image of K12LTSP server but! ....

I have made K12LTS boot into my IBM 133Mhxz PC the hard disk on the server
flashes and obviously the image is being transfered, but during flashing
and graphic card configuration it comes to :
=====
_FontTransSocketINETConnect: Can't Connect: errno = 101
failed to set default font 'tcp/192.168.0.254:7100'
Fatal server error
could not open default font 'fixed'
=====
Server has no firewall enabled so all ports are open, re: ':7100'.
As I see this is not an serious thing and if I am right I need to change
the server font config to that of it's own IP is the IP of the server and
not 192.168.0.254  I hope someone know where files to reconfigure are, and
by this help me get this working sooner. Also I will be using English and
Serbian fonts on both Server and clients.

Thanx for the pointers in advance
--
mj

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk