[Gllug] email from 'Outlook'

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 15:42:05 UTC 2004

I am sure someone must have asked this before - so apologies in advance.

We are getting emails for certain customers, which we read on dumb terminals,
where each word in the email is separated by '=20' instead of a space.
The email-encoding is described as quoted-printable.

My limited understanding of quoted-printed encoding is that it should only
encode non-ascii characters nand any FINAL trailing space where trailing
spaces need to be preserved - spaces between words should not therefore be
encoded.

Does anyone know - is this a bug in Outlook or a simple case of configuration.

If I am able to simply tell them to 'lick on this and that' to prevent this
annoying problem, it would be a blessing.

TIA

Tim

This E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk