[Gllug] Re: Any bank not in the dark ages?

Mike Leigh MikeL at hornbill.com
Fri Aug 20 13:46:46 UTC 2004

Maybe the letters a to z and numerals 0 to 9 are used to be compatible with
mobile phones and normal phone keypads.  Of course this does mean the lack
of # and * that could be used.  But then again I could be reading too much
into this.

My personal pet peev is companies that state your password must be between 6
and 8 chars and must be lowercase etc...talk about making it easier for a
brute force attack by really limiting the number of possibilities.

Has anyone ever used the nochex service ?  I signed up and then the login
page made me use the mouse to physically enter a numeric security code
everytime I login.  This is really really annoying and their security team
told me this would never change.  Its supposed to stop key loggers knowing
what numbers you entered.  I even pointed out to them that you can use the
tab key and press the down arrow x times or press the digit once you have
selected the field.  I am still awaiting a response.

Mike