[Gllug] RealPlayer 0.4.0.186

Murray gllug at minty.org
Tue Aug 3 06:37:49 UTC 2004

Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I'm using this excellent device to listen to BBC 7 via the internet,
> which is coming as a .ram file. But, does anyone know where it stores
> its cache please as I'd like to be able to play my favourites again at a
> later date, if I could only find where they are.

It doesn't store the files in any way that they will be useful to you.
I'm not even sure it write the cache to disk.  Real go to some efforts
to stop you doing exactly this.

Be thankful the BBC aren't DRM encoding that stuff, as if they did, your
only option would be to run a wire from your soundcard's output back to
the input, and record from that.

And if I understand the intention, even that will not be possible in
future with the new "enhanced" hardware.

You may find the following thread of interest

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2003-December/thread.html#40981

and specifically

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2003-December/040982.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk