[Gllug] Mirror sites

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sun Aug 15 19:58:29 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 20:38, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sun 15 Aug, George Wright wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 15 August 2004 20:08, Chris Bell wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >    I have used
> > > http://www.mirror.ac.uk
> > > in the past when it was provided by the universities in Preston, Lancs and
> > > Canterbury, Kent, but they lost their funding and it slowly ran down and
> > > closed. It appears to have re-started, this time provided by Eduserv
> > > Technologies Ltd, (no further information found).
> >
> > http://www.mirrorservice.org
> >
>    Thanks for the link, it all looks very familiar, although there is now no
> mention of external funding. The new http://www.mirror.ac.uk looks very
> plain at the moment, and I have no idea what is happening at Imperial
> College, perhaps they have a problem?

It looks like most of the /mirror/ structure is unchanged, indeed ive
not noticed the change and have been using mirror.ac.uk as an apt source
for non-us.debian.org etc,

it looks like the 'human' frontend is what has changed and so has the
search facilities, i suspect also that they just used the discs from the
old mirror.ac.uk as it is a pretty huge amount of data to just start
again with,

take a look here
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/

Ian