[Gllug] Re: Any bank not in the dark ages?

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Fri Aug 20 10:28:19 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 11:01:44AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > I tried getting a coop account, but after 2-3 months of them screwing
> > around with my applications (yes, I too gave them the benefit of the
> > doubt and applied once more after they screwed up the first time).

An account of my banking issues:
  http://www.brautaset.org/diary/?category=banks

> So I'm _still_ looking for an online bank with a clue ...

I've signed up with HSBC and I'm really happy with them. The only thing
I've found missing (yet) from their online banking service is the
ability to transfer money abroad. My Norwegian online banking service
lets me do this, but I guess they're a bit more paranoid in money
laundrying issues (or whatever) over here.

Stig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk