[Gllug] MySQL Bashing - was very very cheap hosting

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Aug 25 07:24:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Daniel P. Berrange yowled:
>                                                                I've
> actually noticed that in reviewing 8.0 beta, analysts have started
> to say that MySQL has a significant catch-up to do now.

I prefer PostgreSQL too (for much the same reasons as everyone else
commenting, purist that I am), but relying on the word of `analysts' for
*anything* is a very bad idea.

Twice as amny `analysts', after all, decided that the SCO case was a
good thing than noticed that it was full of shit. `Analysts' are
usually being paid by someone, and rarely appear to have operating
brains, alas...

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk